Portugal Golden Visa
ALMEIDA DIAS & ASSOCIADOS has a department exclusively dedicated to legal assistance for applications to the residency permit program through investment in Portugal, also known as Golden Visa.
The programme gives the investor – and reunified family members – free movement within the Schengen area (consisting of 26 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland), the right to reside and work in Portugal, as well as the possibility to apply for permanent residence and Portuguese nationality after 5 years of legal residence.
Currently, Portugal Golden Visa investment routes are the following:
- Capital transfer of at least €1,500,000;
- Creation of at least 10 permanent job positions;
- Acquisition of real estate property in the minimum amount of €500,000;
- Acquisition of real estate property, built at least 30 years ago or located in an urban rehabilitation area, and its rehabilitation in the minimum amount of €350,000;
- Investment of at least €500,000 in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technologic system;
- Investment of at least €250,000 in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage, through the local and central authorities, public institutions, public corporate sector, public foundations, private foundations of public interest, networked local authorities, local corporate sector organizations, local associations and public cultural associations, pursuing activities of artistic output, and reconstruction or maintenance of the national heritage;
- Subscription in the amount of at least €500,000 of units of investment fund, or venture capital fund, dedicated to the capitalization of companies, with a minimum maturity of 5 years at the time of the investment and at least 60% of the capital destined to financing of companies based in Portugal;
- Investment of at least €500,000 in the incorporation [or increase of share capital] of a Portuguese company, creating [or maintaining] at least 5 permanent job positions for the minimum period of 3 years.
Our services include legal assistance at all stages of the immigration and nationality process, as well as in adjacent aspects such as real estate, tax and corporate matters.
In case you need any further information regarding the Portuguese Golden Visa program, do not hesitate to contact us using any of the available methods.